One of my favorite things about blogging is that it encourages me to make food that I’ve never made before.
I love trying new things, especially food, and this blog is a great way to share my favorite dishes that I’ve tried with y’all.
One of my favorite recipes as of late are these lemon meringue cookies sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
I absolutely love these cookies and I hope y’all love them too!
Want awesome recipes and faith posts! I recommend the spaghetti squash with pesto and prosciutto, the best chia seed pudding, sweet potato pasta with a garlic cream sauce, the one question I always ask myself before I eat, 3 things food reminds me of every day, 3 reasons why I fasted yesterday and why you should too!
Want to connect food and faith in 3 ways TODAY? Want to stay in the know about how you can connect food and faith more and more every day? Sign up for my email list and receive my freebie, 3 ways to connect food and faith today, and stay up-to-date on the connection between food and faith!
Questions, comments, concerns? Don’t hesitate to contact me! I want this site to empower and inspire YOU.
My goal is to serve you in the best way I can.
Want to stay more connected? Find me on Instagram by clicking here or searching @lilliandorablog! I can’t wait for us to connect! 🙂
These cookies are deliciously sweet and have a light lemon flavor. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the egg whites until they become foamy. Mix in the salt and cream of tartar and beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- After this, mix on high while adding the sugar little by little, until the batter starts to thicken. Add the vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix for 4-5 minutes more.
- Take a sandwich-sized zip-lock bag, cut off one of the corners, and scoop the batter into the bag. Squeeze the batter out of the cut corner of the bag onto the baking sheet in a swirling motion.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours in the oven.
- Once they are done baking, take them out of the oven, allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes, and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top! Enjoy!
Keywords: dessert, meringue, vegetarian, lemon meringue, lemon, dairy-free, dairy-free dessert grain-free, grain-free dessert, gluten-free, gluten-free dessert