Short blog post and recipe today!
You guys, this is one of my favorite dishes ever. I, kid you not, SMOTHER my food in this queso. I one time (actually it was multiple times) made this and ate it as a cheesy soup.
It is truly delicious and I hope you enjoy it.
Want awesome recipes and faith posts! I recommend the spaghetti squash with pesto and prosciutto, the best chia seed pudding, sweet potato pasta with a garlic cream sauce, the one question I always ask myself before I eat, 3 things food reminds me of every day, 3 reasons why I fasted yesterday and why you should too!
Want to connect food and faith in 3 ways TODAY? Want to stay in the know about how you can connect food and faith more and more every day? Sign up for my email list and receive my freebie, 3 ways to connect food and faith today, and stay up-to-date on the connection between food and faith!
Questions, comments, concerns? Don’t hesitate to contact me! I want this site to empower and inspire YOU.
My goal is to serve you in the best way I can.
Want to stay more connected? Find me on Instagram by clicking here or searching @lilliandorablog! I can’t wait for us to connect! 🙂
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup oat or almond flour
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the almond or oat flour, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper, and stir for a moment.
- Next, add the water and bring to a simmer. Stir continuously as the queso begins to thicken.
- Once the queso is your desired consistency, add the salsa and stir for 2-3 more minutes.
Quick Tip: Add chunks of avocado for some healthy fats!
Keywords: Mexican, Mexican food, queso, food, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, food, meals, recipe, vegan queso, vegetarian queso