Do you ever get home from a long day of work and then realize that your mascara is halfway down your face and sometime throughout the day the foundation is almost completely rubbed off? Okay maybe it’s not that dramatic, but I do have trouble with getting my makeup to stay in place. If I wear it out on a hot summer day, it smears. If I wear it to a long night of dancing, it smears. It’s so frustrating because I just want my makeup to stay on my face in the places I put it originally. At the same time, I don’t want the setting spray to make my face a feel tight or sticky or crunchy. It’s a fine line, but this setting spray walks it. It keeps my makeup in place all day and night long without making my skin feel gross. Not only does it keep my makeup from moving, it moisturizes my skin while it’s at it. This setting spray took care of my all-day wear needs and left me healthier than before!
Grab your ingredients!
I’ve been putting aloe vera on my skin as a moisturizer for a very long time. It feels good and refreshing when it’s drying and always leaves my skin feeling smoother than before. It’s sticky nature also keeps the makeup from falling down my face for an all-day lasting look.
Mix your ingredients together! I love all of these recipes because they are so simple. You just measure out all of the ingredients that you want to use, mix them, and you’re done! It’s so great and takes no time at all.
|3 tbsp aloe vera
2 tbsp witch hazel
3 tbsp rosewater (or filtered water)
5 drops lavender
|1. Mix aloe vera, witch hazel, rosewater, and lavender oil.
2. Transfer into a misting/spray bottle and enjoy long-lasting makeup!
- Contains vitamin A as well as vitamins E and C , which are antioxidants. Vitamins E and C protects us from premature aging and oxidative damage by reducing free radicals so that they do not damage our cells.
- It includes many enzymes and fatty acids including, bradykinase, which reduces inflammation.
- Contains salicylic acid that is anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial
- A study conducted at San Marino high school resulted in aloe vera improving hair growth and regrowth
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and can help reduce and alleviate symptoms of eczema, rosacea, or contact dermatitis
- Has powerful antioxidants that will fight oxidative radicals that damage are skin cells and cause them to produce less skin proteins! Thus, rose water will help fight the signs of aging.
Witch Hazel and Lavender
- Lavender and Witch Hazel has been used for centuries as a treatment for skin diseases, inflammation, and sun-damage
- Witch Hazel’s tannin, a polyphenol, content makes it an excellent astringent for oily skin and can help reduce acne
- Lavender has a calming and anxiety reducing scent
- Surjushe A, Vasani R, Saple DG. ALOE VERA: A SHORT REVIEW. Indian Journal of Dermatology. 2008;53(4):163-166. doi:10.4103/0019-5154.44785.
- Boskabady MH, Shafei MN, Saberi Z, Amini S. Pharmacological Effects of Rosa Damascena. Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences. 2011;14(4):295-307.
- “Witch Hazel: Uses, Evidence, Safety.” @Berkeleywellness, Berkeley Wellness , 4 Feb. 2016, www.berkeleywellness.com/self-care/home-remedies/article/witch-hazel-which-claims-are-true.
- M. Wilkinson, H. M. A. Cavanagh. “Biological Activities of Lavender Essential Oil.” Phytotherapy Research , no. 16, 2002, pp. 301–308., doi:10.1002/ptr.1103.