Black Beans, a great end to a great day.
Today was my first day at my business/entrepreneurial rotation. As God would have it, I was placed with a Dietitian who specializes in PCOS! Can you believe it? We talked about PCOS for a long time today and she introduced me to a lot of really good books and resources that I can use to become more educated on the topic.
It was my first time meeting a health professional who is really knowledgable about PCOS.
I know, I’ve had PCOS my whole life and I wasn’t diagnosed until 1 1/2 years ago because all of the health professionals I have ever gone to knew nothing about it.
Even when I was diagnosed, my healthcare practitioners couldn’t point in the right direction so that I could heal.
Needless to say, when I met my Supervisory Registered Dietitian today, I was ecstatic. I’m so excited to learn from her so that when I become a Registered Dietitian, I can start educating and helping my fellow cysters out there.
These black beans are extremely tasty and savory. I love really heavily seasoned foods and if you like that too, then this is for you. These black beans are heavily seasoned with cumin, garlic, and salt that will make your taste buds light up. Enjoy!
Want awesome recipes and faith posts! I recommend the spaghetti squash with pesto and prosciutto, the best chia seed pudding, sweet potato pasta with a garlic cream sauce, the one question I always ask myself before I eat, 3 things food reminds me of every day, 3 reasons why I fasted yesterday and why you should too!
Want to connect food and faith in 3 ways TODAY? Want to stay in the know about how you can connect food and faith more and more every day? Sign up for my email list and receive my freebie, 3 ways to connect food and faith today, and stay up-to-date on the connection between food and faith!
Questions, comments, concerns? Don’t hesitate to contact me! I want this site to empower and inspire YOU.
My goal is to serve you in the best way I can.
Want to stay more connected? Find me on Instagram by clicking here or searching @lilliandorablog! I can’t wait for us to connect! 🙂
These cumin black beans are a perfect taco stuffer, addition to a bowl, or side dish! They’re super tasty and full of protein and fiber.
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 rounded teaspoon of minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and stir.
- When the garlic begins to sizzle, add the cumin and stir for 1 minute. It will start to smell super delicious!
- Next, add the two cans of beans and vegetable broth and stir. Add the salt and stir.
- Raise the temperature to medium-high heat and wait for the beans to start boiling. Stir periodically to make sure the beans don’t get stuck at the bottom.
- Stir until the vegetable broth has evaporated, about 5-10 minutes. Make sure to watch the pot because if it cooks for too long the beans will stick to the bottom!
Keywords: beans, black beans, dairy-free, gluten-free, pcos, food, faith, side dish