You guys, this past weekend some of my friends from the Newman Club and I met up for a game night. I’m not a game person, so I didn’t play any.
If everyone is playing games, I will play and have a great time, but if there are some people on the side who are talking, I would much rather do that!
Anyways, I made these blueberry muffins and brought them to game night and WOW! I knew that they were good, but I didn’t realize they were that good.
Everybody LOVED them! I brought a lot of them, and they were almost all gone when I left! It’s such a great feeling when you make food that other people enjoy. They’re also always shocked when I told them that they were vegan!
I honestly like vegan baked goods more than regular baked goods because the lack of eggs makes them denser.
These muffins are a great way to treat yourself, and I hope you enjoy them as much as my friends and I did!
Want awesome recipes and faith posts! I recommend the spaghetti squash with pesto and prosciutto, the best chia seed pudding, sweet potato pasta with a garlic cream sauce, the one question I always ask myself before I eat, 3 things food reminds me of every day, 3 reasons why I fasted yesterday and why you should too!
Want to connect food and faith in 3 ways today? Want to stay in the know about how you can connect food and faith more and more every day? Sign up for my email list and receive my freebie, 3 ways to connect food and faith today, and stay up-to-date on the connection between food and faith!
Questions, comments, concerns? Don’t hesitate to contact me! I want this site to empower and inspire you.
My goal is to serve you in the best way I can.
Want to stay more connected? Find me on Instagram by clicking here or searching @lilliandorablog! I can’t wait for us to connect! 🙂
These muffins are dense, sweet, and OH SO delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 scoops of vegan protein powder ( I use Vega Vanilla Protein Powder)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix the olive oil with the apple cider vinegar in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the almond milk with the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Combine the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla extract mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Next, add the olive oil and apple cider vinegar mixture to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Fold in the blueberries, scoop into the baking cups, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Quick Tip: Add a little lemon juice or zest for an extra kick!
Keywords: breakfast, muffins, blueberry muffins, blueberries, vegan, plant-based, food, meals, recipes, foo, pcos, vegetarian, dairy-free, egg-free